Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2008

Logitech Harmony Remote

Recently I was so bored by all the different remotes for all different devices laying around, I went off to my next store and bought a Logitech Harmony Remote 555. It's a quite nice device and helped me to put away all other remotes by programming this one.
Like all devices, there is also here a negative point: The Software on my PowerBook didn't start, it just complained: The application configuration was not loaded. Reinstall the software or contact customer service.
The problem is based on the case sensitive filesystem and as I doesn#t want to change my entire Harddisk into a case insensitive one, I followed the hint from the forum:
  • create a disk image with 'disk utility', make sure it's not case sensitive. About 100 megabyte is enough

  • move the '/Applications/remotecore.app' and '/Applications/Logitech Harmony Remote Software.app' applications to that disk image

  • create a symbolic link of remotecore.app to '/Applications/remotecore.app'
    So if you mounted your created volume 'Logitech' you can create a symbolic link with:
    $ ln -s /Volumes/Logitech/remotecore.app /Applications/remotecore.app

  • make sure the image is mounted and start the 'Logitech Harmony Remote Software' located in that created volume.

Update:
Version 7.5 is out, and it works well so far. (just tested minimal)
Kommentar veröffentlichen