2018-07-19

OUD - no operational route

Oracle Universal Directory is by far not my preferred tool.
Probably it's me, I'm just not used to it.

The latest joy was an error when I tried to run
eusm addDatabase
and I got
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]

Very unspecific, so I logged into Oracle Unified Directory Services Manager (OUDSM)


There a click on Data Browser showed another error message:
LDAP: error code 52 - The load balancing workflow element 
has no operational route. 
This may happen when no route has been configured 
or all the configured routes are down.






Google was of no help here, but it was obvious something is "down":

As there was no change on OUD, I asked admins of those proxy data sources - my friends the AD admins.
They confessed they changed something: they changed authentication to "ldap_bind: Strong authentication required"

This leads to a quite straight forward solution:
Enable LDAPS and import "their" keys into OUDs Trust Manager:

First import the keys:
I decided to go for the preferred keystore: JKS
First the password for the keystore: it's located in <OUD>/config/keystore.pin
and the keys installed with
<java_home>/bin/keytool \
-importcert -alias priv-root -file /tmp/priv-root.cer \
-keystore config/truststore -storetype JKS






And of course the config must be adapted also:

With these settings, the Data Sources are reachable again - everything fine.
(I had to restart OUD that all Data Sources were available - no clue why)

If you ever hit such an issue, don't follow my approach blindly.
Might it help at least a little big.

Keine Kommentare: